Shoulder or Clavicle PainGet shoulder or clavicle pain relief with our experienced doctors at McLaughlin Chiropractic Center
Shoulder or Clavicle Pain ReliefGet shoulder or clavicle pain relief from the skilled doctors at McLaughlin Chiropractic Center
Causes of Pain in the Shoulder or Clavicle
It’s quite common to experience shoulder and or clavicle pain. Even though the clavicle isn’t a “moving” bone, exterior pressure and weight can bear on this bone and cause discomfort. In addition, pain from one or both shoulders can radiate to the clavicle. Shoulder pain is even more common. Because the shoulder joint is so complex as well as so often used, pain in this area usually occurs to almost everyone at least once.
Some of the most common causes of shoulder and or clavicle pain include:
- Stress fracture, from too much weight or pressure on the clavicle. Even the tiniest stress fracture can cause immense pain.
- Osteoarthritis, where the protective cartilage around the clavicle or shoulder has worn down.
- Bruising, where force trauma has occurred and bruised the bone, possibly from an accident such as a vehicle accident.
- Poor sleep posture, in which case your chiropractor can recommend a sleep posture that won’t negatively affect the shoulder or clavicle region.
- Osteomyelitis, which is a bone infection commonly spread through the blood.